“We want to keep current, and Magnify gives us a turnkey solution...”
Dan Forbush, Executive Director, Communications
- Q. Tell us about the Skidmore Alumni community?
- There are about 30,000 Skidmore alumni, and we include
students, faculty and staff. Students are an especially key audience
because they're constantly creating great video content.
- Q. How has your community reacted to ScopeVideo?
- It's catching on. For example, one budding filmmaker has started
producing a "Question of the Week" feature that solicits perspectives
from students on such hot topics such as "Who are you supporting
for president?" and "What do you think is on Phil Glotzbach's iPod?"
(Philip Glotzbach is Skidmore's president.)
- Q. Why add video?
- We want to keep current, and Magnify gives use a turnkey solution
that not only enables us in the Skidmore Communications office to
easily post video, but also any student, faculty member, or alumnus.
- Q. Would you recommend Magnify to other communities?
- Absolutely. It's a great tool for any college or university that wants
to engage alumni, students and faculty in video sharing!
Ready to create your own?
Create a channel